Over the last 3 years, Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club (BRCSC) has undergone a major transition into how the club is structured in order to make us a more sustainable club for the future.
This has been led by a number of dedicated volunteer professionals, asked to come in by the members to transition and instil good business practices and to modernise the club.
As part of the natural period of change and to ensure we do not become complacent in our desire to achieve greater goals, we have a number Director’s roles becoming vacant.
BRCSC would like to now open applications for these roles to the wider community.
It is imperative that we align a suitable candidate to a role based on their experience and qualities they can bring in. Therefore, interested parties are asked to submit a written statement, setting out their expertise, and what he or she feels they would bring to the role of Director.
A nominations panel will be appointed to review directorial nominations.
If you feel you have the right experience and looking transform good ideas into great actions, then these roles are for you.
This is a great opportunity for those considering coming in, to join a successful club and make it better. If you have every had a thought on how to make a Premiership club run to its full potential, then we want to hear from you.
We would like to receive applications by 22nd May.
If you think you would like to be a part of not only a successful team but continue that success into the future, please consider getting in contact with us.
For further information, or just a chat about the roles, please contact Ally Hay, Chairperson of BRCSC e-mail him on email@example.com
The roles are as follows:
Experience in, Accountant, Financial Management, Corporate Finance.
• Setting and delivering financial report for the club
• Set 12 monthly budget and update on a management account each month
• Liaising with finance stakeholders effectively
• Liaise with Membership Team regarding Membership subscriptions
• Ensure charitable accounts are shown accordingly to OSCR’s requirements
• Work with the appointed paid accounting roles within the club
Experience in Facility Management
• Overseeing all internal matters on facilities
• Setting priorities for facility development and ensuring these are delivered as per the Board approval
• Create a maintenance programme and budget to be approved by the Board on an annual basis
• Agree external contractors with Finance Director and Development Manager when required throughout the year
• Support the Development Manager on planned use of the building to ensure all activities can take place within health & safety guidelines
• Liaise with Edinburgh Leisure on any external facilities development
• Monitor health and safety issues within the club and make recommendations, if necessary to the Board
• Undertake and monitor risk assessments on an annual basis
Sponsorship & Fundraising Director
Experience in Working with Sponsors and Stakeholders, business planning, socialising/networking.
• Development of Sponsorship Strategy working closely with the Board’s overall Strategy for development
• Identification of appropriate external funding sources for supporting capital and revenue projects in the club
• Develop internal fundraising activity alongside the Social Committee
• Ensuring Sponsors are looked after throughout the season as a direct contact for key Sponsors
• Supporting the Development Manager to drive the business development and use of the facilities.
Youth Section Director
Experience in understanding of youth rugby and Chairing Committees, good communication skills
• Chairing the Youth Section
• Reporting to the Board all Youth Section activity
• Sitting on The Player Committee
• Reporting financial position of the Youth Section from the Finance Director
• Develops and monitors a Youth Section Development Plan with Youth Section Committee
• Represents the Youth Section along with Chairman of the Board at all appropriate occasions
• Coordinating all Teams in the Youth Section