Traditionally, at Boroughmuir Rugby Club, the title of Honorary Vice President was awarded to members who had given outstanding service to the club over many years.
In 2018 a policy reflecting the change of the Club’s structure was developed and approved. Hon Vice-Presidents are still an important position within the Club’s structure and the following criteria and process for their appointment were agreed:
The Board will ask for nominations for this post on an annual basis and ahead of the AGM.
- Any nomination must be proposed and seconded by full members
- For guidance, it expected that any person nominated will typically have been very active within the Club for a period of 10 years or perhaps have contributed in an exceptional way over a shorter period
- Any nomination must be supported by a statement in writing to the Board outlining the reasons for the nomination
- The Board will make recommendations about any nominations for consideration by those entitled to vote at the AGM,
- A retiring President, having completed a full term of office, will automatically be appointed as Hon Vice-President unless the Board recommend otherwise to an AGM. The Board will consider the circumstances of any President retiring during a period of office and make a recommendation, if appropriate to the subsequent AGM
The Board would now welcome nominations to this position.
We would like to receive nominations by Friday 19 April 2019.
If you think you would like to nominate someone, or just want more information, please e mail Alex Thomson, Club Secretary (email@example.com) and include your reason for this nomination (not more than 100 words please)
The Board will make recommendations to the AGM on Thursday 30 May 2019 about any nominations received.