Help Shape Success
Applications for Directors Roles Now Open
Over the last 5 years, our Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club (BRCSC) has made significant strides implementing and bedding in a Community Sports Club structure to make us a more sustainable club with high potential and a strong future.
This work has been led by a number of dedicated volunteer professionals, asked to come in by the members to take these changes forward, to instil good business practices and modernise the club.
Whilst some natural and planned change has ensured that we do not become complacent in our desire to achieve greater goals, we have a number Director’s roles continuing to be vacant and some directors retiring by rotation.
BRCSC would like to now open applications for these roles to the wider community.
It is imperative that we align a suitable candidate to a role based on their experience and qualities they can bring in. Therefore, interested parties are asked to submit a written statement, setting out their expertise, and what she or he feels they would bring to the role of Director.
A nominations panel will be appointed to review directorial nominations.
If you feel you have the right experience, are looking to transform good ideas into great actions and want to be part of a fantastic team, then these roles are for you.
This is a great opportunity for those considering coming in, to join a successful club and make it better. If you have ever had a thought on how to make a Premiership Club run to its full potential, then we want to hear from you.
We would like to receive applications by Friday 21 April 2017.
If you think you would like to be a part of not only a successful team but continue that success into the future, please consider getting in contact with us.
For further information, to lodge a nomination, or just a chat about the roles, please contact Ally Hay, Chairperson of BRCSC e-mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org
The roles are as follows:
Experience in, Accountant, Financial Management, Corporate Finance.
• Setting and delivering financial report for the club
• Set 12 monthly budget and update on a management account each month
• Liaising with finance stakeholders effectively
• Liaise with Membership Team regarding Membership subscriptions
• Ensure charitable accounts are shown accordingly to OSCR’s requirements
• Work with the appointed paid accounting roles within the club
Experience in Working with Sponsors and Stakeholders, customer management, socialising/networking.
• Development of Sponsorship Strategy working closely with the Board’s overall Strategy for development.
• Ensure an attractive sponsorship package is available for new and existing sponsors alike
• Ensure strong relations with Sponsors by enabling effective customer care.
• Bringing in sponsorship? Working with appointed paid sponsorship role (CDM)
Marketing and Communications Director
Experience in Marketing and Communication, PR, IT
• Development of Marketing Strategy and Action plan
• Chairman of Marketing & Communications Committee
• Oversee Membership and marketing approach
• Responsible for development of IT Strategy
• Monitoring and evaluating the outcomes form the marketing strategy.
• Ensuring all club communications and the submission and distribution of press releases, articles, newsletters and reports
• internally and externally follow a set format and policy
In addition, the following appointments require to be made as some of the current Directors retire by rotation. The existing postholders position in relation to re-appointment is indicated. However it is open to members to nominate other individuals to be considered. Further information on these roles can be obtained from Ally Hay or Club Secretary Alex Thomson – email@example.com:
- · Chairperson – currently Ally Hay who has indicated a willingness to be re-appointed for a further 1 year period, but stresses the importance of a subsequent replacement through appointment of a Chair Designate, chair designate would become Chairperson in May 2018.
- · Vice-Chairperson– Bill Watson was appointed at the AGM in 2016 for a 4-year period. He is conscious of the need for effective succession planning as Ally Hay has said that he would only wish to serve a further year and has indicated a willingness to step back if a suitable nomination for Vice-Chair/ Chair Designate were identified. The Board has welcomed this offer and will ensure that Bill's skills and experienced will continue to be fully utilised.
- · President– currently Bill Noble who was re-appointed for a one year period at the AGM in 2016. The Board will be proposing the appointment of Stevie Douglas, current Vice-president for a three-year period. This will ensure continuity through the Club’s Centenary Year
- · Vice-President – currently Stevie Douglas. The Board will be proposing the appointment of Phil Black, former player and Club Captain for a three-year period
Finally, our constitution provides for the appointment of two further Directors, one to represent sporting partners and organisations (other than rugby football) involved in the Club and a Community Director. At this stage of our development the Board does not recommend seeking a Director to represent other sporting interests but it would welcome nominations from our wider community to the post of Community Director.