Help Shape Success
Applications for Directors Roles Now Open
Over the last 4 years, at Boroughmuir Rugby and Community Sports Club (BRCSC) significant strides have been made in changing into a Community Sports Club structured in order to make us a more sustainable club for the future.
This has been led by a number of dedicated volunteer professionals, asked to come in by the members to transition and instil good business practices and to modernise the club.
Whilst some natural and planned change has ensured that we do not become complacent in our desire to achieve greater goals, we have a number Director’s roles continuing to be vacant and some directors retiring by rotation.
BRCSC would like to now open applications for these roles to the wider community.
It is imperative that we align a suitable candidate to a role based on their experience and qualities they can bring in. Therefore, interested parties are asked to submit a written statement, setting out their expertise, and what he or she feels they would bring to the role of Director.
A nominations panel will be appointed to review directorial nominations.
If you feel you have the right experience and are looking to transform good ideas into great actions, then these roles are for you.
This is a great opportunity for those considering coming in, to join a successful club and make it better. If you have ever had a thought on how to make a Premiership Club run to its full potential, then we want to hear from you.
We would like to receive applications by 6 May.
If you think you would like to be a part of not only a successful team but continue that success into the future, please consider getting in contact with us.
For further information, or just a chat about the roles, please contact Ally Hay, Chairperson of BRCSC e-mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org
The roles are as follows:
Director of Rugby Development
This is a tremendous opportunity to lead and shape the rugby performance of one of Scotland’s premier rugby clubs.
To be considered for appointment you are likely to be an ex-player or coach, with experience of the modern game.
The position is focussed on ensuring a robust coaching and management structure including setting and delivering against key performance measures which are fit for the future sustainability of Boroughmuir Rugby.
This will require oversight of rugby performance and player development, working closely with one of Scotland’s largest Youth Rugby sections to ensure the senior club has a sustainable playing platform.
Experience in, Accountant, Financial Management, Corporate Finance.
- Setting and delivering financial report for the club
- Set 12 monthly budget and update on a management account each month
- Liaising with finance stakeholders effectively
- Liaise with Membership Team regarding Membership subscriptions
- Ensure charitable accounts are shown accordingly to OSCR’s requirements
- Work with the appointed paid accounting roles within the club
Experience in Working with Sponsors and Stakeholders, customer management, socialising/networking.
- Development of Sponsorship Strategy working closely with the Board’s overall Strategy for development.
- Ensure an attractive sponsorship package is available for new and existing sponsors alike
- Ensure strong relations with Sponsors by enabling effective customer care.
Marketing and Communications Director
Experience in Marketing and Communication, PR, IT
- Development of Marketing Strategy and Action plan
- Chairman of Marketing & Communications Committee
- Oversee Membership and Marketing Strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating the outcomes form the marketing strategy.
- Ensuring all club communications and the submission and distribution of press releases, articles, newsletters and reports
- Internally and externally follow a set format and policy
In addition, the following appointments require to be made as some of the current Directors retire by rotation.
The existing postholders are eligible for a further appointment and have indicated their conditional willingness to continue.
However it is open to members to nominate other individuals to be considered. Further information on these roles can be obtained from Ally Hay or Club Secretary Alex Thomson – email@example.com:
• President– currently Bill Noble who has indicated a willingness to be appointed for a further one-year term, subject to the appointment of a Vice President who would be expected to succeed him.
• Vice-Chairperson– Currently Bill Watson who has indicated a willingness to continue provided we are able to appoint a Finance Director or identify an individual who will undertake these responsibilities
Finally, our constitution provides for the appointment of two further Directors, one to represent sporting partners and organisations (other than rugby football) involved in the Club and a Community Director.
At this stage of our development the Board does not recommend seeking a Director to represent other sporting interests but it would welcome nominations from our wider community to the post of Community Director.